I've made a few things for the youth campaign (mailed them in time!) and the CURE Hospital. The first two photos show the three vests and two pairs of mittens I sent for the youth campaign.
On the left, a vest of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in mistake rib, with mittens in sock yarn (one green and one black together) and a red-black tweed wool. On the right, a vest of the same BSLPB with some accent stripes in blue, looking darker because of a photographic difference, and another in two different colourways of Lighthouse Ocean Sunset with ribbing in Naturespun Sport used double. I alternated the two colourways of Ocean Sunset and really like the effect of the striping. I have a few more balls and may do another for a future youth campaign.
These are two blankets I have made for the CURE Hospital and already mailed:
On the left is the one that is my profile picture. I didn't realize the pictures were not automatically connected. I made it of various oddballs of wool yarns in fingering (used double) to worsted weight, in garter stitch. I call it "doodling in yarn." On the right is one with a centre panel of Noro Transitions, one skein I obtained very inexpensively in an oddballs bin and I never used. When it ran out I worked rows of the same BSLPB that I used in the vests above; I have quite a lot of it! The greyish band is some leftover Noro Kochoran. In the photo it almost matches the carpeting underneath, an interesting effect I will admit.
I am crocheting a blanket now, using some coned wool I got inexpensively a number of years ago. One strand of red and one of off-white held together. Just a very quick thing, I may add a row of another colour in the edging for a bit of zip. Hopefully it will be done this weekend to be mailed in time for Monday. I need to have that hook flying!