Thursday, February 25, 2010

In the mail

It was a narrow margin, but I did get the sweater done and in the mail! It turned out that a Priority Mail flat- rate box was cheaper than parcel post would have been, so I am glad I finished.

This sweater is mostly wool (Lion Brand, Cleckheaton, oddballs) but the deep rose is Moda Dea Wool-Silk (85% wool and 15% silk) that I got at a huge discount a couple years back. I'd been planning to use it, the pink-multi, and the lavender in a sweater, and thought that Lisa's pattern would work up quickly. I ended up using six strands together, so the sweater is very dense and warm. But it wasn't as fast as I thought it would be - I didn't count on the time needed to untangle multiple strands or the slowness of using really chunky needles. But I think it ended up being very child-friendly. So this, the vest, and the two pairs of mittens I have done (previously posted) are in the mail!


Jane said...

Can't imagine using six strands together! it looks great.

MargoLynn said...

It was definitely tricky, Jane. While clearing out my stash closet I found some "Brushstrokes Megawool" and part of a jacket that is clearly not going to be finished, so I think I will frog that and use it to knit another. Single strand should be MUCH easier.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.